Sunday, May 22, 2011

LONDON: Beas of Bloomsbury

High Tea for two



Decadantly rich clotted cream

The Scone
As a first year student in London, I feel it is my obligation to immerse myself in English culture and do English things like sip tea and have scones with jam and clotted cream before my three years here is up. When I started hearing about Beas of Bloomsbury, it was only a matter of time before I tried it out for myself.


Although it's been more than a month since I've eaten here, what has really stuck with me are the scones. These were the perfect combination of chewiness and crunch, and with gorgeously thick clotted cream, they were worth every sin-encrusted bite. And of course, you can't have scones without tea (because that'd just be wrong). The Afternoon Tea Menu came with a selection of 12 teas from Lemon Verbena to Jasmine Silver Needle White Tea. In our sunny little corner of the cafe, the Peppermint Leaf tea I ordered had a flavourful lightness that went perfectly with the glorious richness of our desserts. 


Beas of Bloomsbury:
St. Paul's
One New Change, London
83 Watling Street
EC4M 9BX

No comments: