Wednesday, June 1, 2011

LONDON: Base Bistro

Eggs Royale,  £7.95

An ideal breakfast is filling, but not stuffing, and gives you just enough energy to last through the morning so that by the time lunch comes around, you're nicely hungry. Too bad eggs benedict isn't one of those breakfasts. 

Eggs benedict goes like this: two toasted English muffin halves layered with ham, covered with poached egg and drizzled over with hollandaise sauce. Common variations of eggs benedict are eggs royale (smoked salmon) and eggs florentine (spinach). 

Base Bistro is yet another cafe along Hampstead High Street (I'm sorry but I can't help it, I only have a few days left and I must savour every moment HHS is within walking distance). I've been here only twice and both times I've stubbornly stuck to my order of eggs benedict because they do it so tantalizingly well. I've ordered it several times elsewhere but nowhere does the eggs as fluffy and the smoked salmon as fresh and salmon-y as Base Bistro. 


Base Bistro
71 Hampstead High Street
Hampstead

London NW3 1QP
020 7431 2224

3 comments:

zhenhe said...

make for me.

Antistyxian said...

My mouth is drooling..

Mary said...

haha pay for culinary school then i make for you