Tuesday, July 19, 2011

SINGAPORE: Akashi

I sorely miss Japanese food. My sole source of quality sushi in London is Atari-ya and even then it's exhausting to get to - buried amongst masses of people swarming around Bond Street. Thankfully, the Akashi I visited at Orchard Parade Hotel is conveniently situated just before the heart of Orchard Road where the shopping crowd amalgamates. Though it's not as well priced as Sushi Tei, each exquisitely composed, freshly prepared bite of sushi is worth every cent - especially if you've been away from Asia for 6 entire months. 

You cannot go to Akashi without ordering their Spider Maki
Agedashi tofu
tamago sushi
Jinx's main: beef set (the name of which we've now forgotten) 

P.S. My love for Japanese food is seriously lacking in the sashimi department. I like it (a recent discovery thanks to Atari-ya), but not so much as to feel an overwhelming need to order it every Japanese restaurant. Either way, if you're a sashimi fan, I would highly recommend you try it at Akashi.


Akashi
1 Tanglin Road,
#01-01A Orchard Parade Hotel
Singapore
67324438

No comments: