Sunday, March 18, 2012

LONDON: Ladurée x Tsumori Chisato Macaroons

Ladurée x Tsumori Chisato Macaroons









At the height of shameless materialism, I bought these macaroons for the sole purpose of storing my accessories/makeup in its box. In my defense they're designed exclusively by Japanese designer Tsumori Chisato and, of course, it's a very pretty box.

With finals looming overhead, library hours bleed insidiously into precious weekends and it's really the little indulgences like these that keep me going. In 5 minutes of biting and passing and biting again, my friends and I finished 8 macaroons - and that was after a full dinner at Chez Gerard.
I picked the cinnamon, liquorish, pear & chestnut, chocolate, cherry blossom, pistachio and sea salt & caramel macaroons. 
I love french macaroons from their delicate crunchy surfaces to their flavour-intense chewy centres. My love affair with macaroons probably truly began when I visited Paris for the first time and had my first Ladurée macaroon. Now that I stay a bus ride from Selfridges in London, I can easily compare these with Pierre Hermé's maracoons (which I personally prefer for their texture and sinful richness). 





P.S. If you're tempted by these, I recommend pistachio, liquorice and pear & chestnut. 

Ladurée

Harrods Ltd
87-135 Brompton Road
Knightsbridge
LondonSW1X 7XL

Ground Floor

Opening hours: 
Monday to Saturday
9am - 9pm
Sunday 11.30am - 6pm

2 comments:

dimas geel said...

i've been a waiters who offering those cakes in Luis Vuitton Launching Party. hehe

Please visit my blog
Just FYI, there’s an event for bloggers and the prizes are iPad2 and Cash. Find the info here. :)

jordand said...

all the blogs ive seen have been about bluddy foooooooood