Wednesday, February 29, 2012

LONDON: Hawksmoor


Juicy, succulent and grilled to perfection, our "dictionary-thick" steaks were definitely worth the 30 minute wait. A dinner booking a day beforehand was out of the question so we settled for a late lunch. 

I have to warn all the girls - if you intend to visit Hawksmoor for lunch, don't make plans for dinner because the steaks are incredibly filling. Like fresh snow on a warm surface, every bite of steak fillet melted on my tongue, flooding my senses with its wonderfully intense flavour. I'm not usually a steak person, being more prone to fish or chicken, but when quality like this comes my way an exception is entirely worthwhile. 

The steak is sourced from cattle reared in the UK, hung for at least 35 days and then charcoal grilled. Unsurprisingly, it was one of the best I've ever had but, like all heartily rich and hole-in-your-pocket-inducing meals, shall remain an occasional indulgence. 
Fillet, 300g: £32.00

Trinity Burnt Cream, £6.75

Pear & Almond Tart, £6.75

Seven Dials
11 Langley Street
London, WC2H 9JG
020 7420 9390

No comments: