Sunday, June 17, 2012

LONDON: Roka


A truly good meal is one not one that leaves you bloated and unable to move, but one that bestows upon you complete satisfaction after the last bite. Roka melds together Japanese cuisine and the French tradition of sharing with exquisite perfection. The sashimi is presented with blocks of carved ice, lending the dish a kind of ethereal elegance that precedes its distinctly fresh flavour as it settles on the tongue. 

What I particularly enjoyed was the contemporary, innovative twist on traditional sushi. I'm not exactly sure what ingredients were combined, but every bite revealed new textures and flavours that I couldn't quite place my finger on yet adored nonetheless. 




This black miso cod made any residue of exam stress I was feeling disappear. As my favourite dish, this cod is a must order.  


I love mushrooms, and these were complemented perfectly with a tangy yet sweet sauce. 





Green tea filled molten chocolate cake - I would've taken more photos but this disappeared within 10 seconds of landing on the table. 
Roka
37 Charlotte Street
London W1T 1RR

No comments: