Wednesday, November 23, 2011

LONDON: Euphorium Bakery

Banana tart with mashed banana filling (: 

In my quest for a replacement guitar along Islington (don't ask, it's a long story), I chanced upon Euphorium Bakery. I came back the next day with Bong and we ended up having lunch and tea there. Turns out the Islington branch we went to was the main bakery that supplied all their other branches. In fact, the bread was so fresh and so intensely bready, I daresay it was comparable to the french bread I had in Paris. 

Despite it's popularity with mothers and crying babies, the bakery turned out to be strangely conducive study-wise when I went back again on a friday afternoon. Somehow cafe sounds -of coffee being made, orders being taken and lilting conversation-  fade into a placidly calming white noise when you're completely absorbed in something. I've come to find that the remedy to a mounting stress outbreak over seemingly indecipherable coursework is the simple joy to be found in a good sandwich or a satisfactory tart. 


Our lunch...
pull-apart pork with apple sauce

apple, walnut, brie and grape sandwich 

I don't care, someway somehow I'm going to make these work as the light fittings in my future house. 

Bong's creative powers at work: potential new trademark for euphorium bakery? 
...and tea after




Euphorium Bakery
202 Upper Street Islington
London N1 1RQ
t: 020 7704 6905

Opening Times:
Monday - Friday 7.00 am to 10.00 pm

Saturday/Sunday 8.00 am to 10.00 pm  

No comments: